Newark Student Media

The Buzz

The Buzz

The Buzz

Odessa Ducks Swoop in for Field Hockey Victory

On October 5th, at 3:30pm, a game between The Yellowjackets and The Odessa Ducks took place. On a warm, partly sunny day at Newark High School, The girls lacrosse team was prepared to play against The Ducks. Newark Started off strong, and ended strong, playing their hardest. At the end however, The Yellowjackets decided to forfeit the game. Odessa took the win with a score of 0-3.

The Yellowjackets had yet to win so far this season, but it is not due to a lack of hard work. During the game, Newark had a total of 10 saves. It is obvious Newark had their head in the game the entire time. No matter how any game of their’s went, they never failed to play hard.

The ducks ended the game with a score of 3. Those scores were made by Marissa Wolf, Lana Savage, and Brooke Maxwell. All players played well on both games. Odessa had 13 penalty corners, 13 shots, and 0 saves during the game. Odessa has had a winning streak, and seem to have no intention of breaking it. They better watch out, as our Yellowjackets do not give up so easily!

No matter how the game ended, one thing is for sure; both teams played well. It was obvious in how they played, The Yellowjackets were more than ready. Teamwork and hard work were no problem for The Yellowjackets. Luck wasn’t on their side, however.